Wednesday 10 July 2013

Day 3: The Brown Paper Chronicles

Well hey everyone!

Day three is over, and another horribly uncomfortable hot day in London Town!

I do love arriving at London Bridge every morning. There is so much to see, with tower bridge, the shard and the gherkin building all clearly visible from the station. They all look amazing infont of a blue sky!

So today was a tough day. I had to use all my creative skills.... But not in the way you might think. Basically, Whistledown are looking into buying a new desk for this studio, and of course, the best shaped table for a studio? Hexagon of course! This way if gives each studio guest a good amount of room around the desk!

But, there was a problem. The website where the desk was sold had no measurements on it, and they did not have the details on record! So it was up to me to sort it! I was tasked with creating a full scale mock up of the desk top, using brown packing paper (brought from a pleasant post office just down the road) . Of course I had to use all my geometry skills to figure out the sizes... So obviously I completely ballsed it up. After an hour of sellotaping, measuring and scissoring I realised I had done it wrong!

So another trip to the post office for more brown paper, and another go at constructing and I finally made a mock up! So tomorrow we will have to see if the new desk will fit in the studio!

Tomorrow also means I will be sitting in in a recording of feedback (an awesome radio 4 programme!) so I'm excited for that!

Today I also shook the presenters hand which was awesome, and also researched more archive footage for a programme dedicated to the Nazi occupation of the Channel Islands during the second world war. I'm learning so much interesting info about the War. This programme will really be one to definitely listen to!

Anyway, tomorrow is a big day, so till then, you stay classy Internet!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment