Monday 15 July 2013

Day 6: Hot Nettles

Well hello there!

So week two has begun, and I can safely say, I melted today. I don't think I've ever experienced heat like that in England before. It was like a furnace at Whistledown today!

But that didn't stop me! No way hosay! So I got the train in from Southampton to Waterloo today. Which is fine, but it didn't help that I had my big red rucksack and two small bags to carry! Not good especially when it's boiling hot!

So last week on feedback there had been an uproar regarding the Archers (which for those of you who don't know, is a big deal in the radio world) and a storyline being played on a different station. Over the weekend yet more angry calls came in (18 in total) so it was up to me to listen to them all and note down what each one said!

I then had to continue finding clips for a show called The Reunion. To do this I had to watch two full documentaries on the Channel Islands, which though interesting, did start to turn my eyes to stone after a while! I had to record any audio that would fit the radio piece! I didn't even manage to watch the second one in full due to the length of it!

I've also been set another task for another show, but ill wait till tomorrow to detail that! Today was probably the fastest day of the whole work experience, simply due to the amount of things I had to do! Tomorrow should be another busy day, so we wait and see what is in store for my second and last Tuesday at Whistledown!

Until tomorrow bloggers, you stay classy!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment