Monday 19 December 2011

Day Fifteen - The Goblin King Cometh...

Hi Blog peeps,
                        peeps is such a silly word. My apologies for using it. So it finally is, day fifteens blog. It is late. I know. But due to travelling home Friday and working Saturday and seeing my girlfriend Sunday, I have literally had no time. Scary. And a little sad. Wah

So anyway day fifteen was one of those days where it starts off reallll slow, then in the last few hours, you get bombarded with jobs.

So once again it is cold. As everyday has been. But as soon as you get into absolute radio, its like your in the sahara. Its so warm in there. You could literally walk around in a T-Shirt... which is what I do.

So I get in, and I find out Kerry has tonsillitis. Typical, on the day shes supposed to finish for Christmas, she gets that. Ive never had it (touch wood) but I know how bad a sore throat is, so I could imagine it wasn't pleasant.

It was her last day anyway, but she was leaving at midday, which means its the return of Adam on reception. You may remember him from my first week. Its like the whole four weeks has come full circle "_" Awesome. Well not awesome, as Kerry has been awesome, but you get what I mean.... awesome.

So yeah its the typical stuff to start with in the morning. Delivering parcels to desks and of course paper work. The post hadn't been delivered yet.

I was back to the old Live reads today, and once again the good old Press Cuts (WA-HEY..)

So that was what my morning consisted of. Once that was done I went downstairs to see if the post has come and started sorting it into pigeon holes. Ronnie Woods pigeon hole is still full. Literally not been taken since I got there. Bad times for people who have written to him... But I'm pretty sure he has a studio at his home... lucky, As its nearing Christmas, the post is piling up.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Whilst I'm finishing the post, Adam arrives. hard to believe it been two weeks since he was sitting on reception. But now he will be there until the end of my time at Absolute.

So as there isn't much to do, and its about half 1, I decide to go on my break. I say goodbye to Kerry, and say thank you, as she has written out a reference form for my University application.

So I go on my break, with the idea of buying all the Christmas presents I haven't bought yet. (Mostly for my girlfriend, so obviously I can't say what I was looking for... *Cough* An Xbox *Cough*)

It takes longer than I thought, and its packed on Oxford street as you would expect. Luckily I now know where I'm gonna get everything, so next week will be my "Panic Buying" week :)

And to top it off I had another Pizza Hut Express.... So GOOD. I will never get over getting chips at Pizza Hut.

So I get back, for a nice chilled afternoon....


NOT
 I get back and am told about a meeting for 6 in the boardroom that needs coffee and tea made. So I head up, and whilst I'm doing it, I get bing bonged, asking me to contact Marc (Music guy)

So I head down to the first floor, and am told Jenny needs help with research. I tell him that's cool, and I will help after the meeting. I want to help, as I haven't done a research task yet :)
Me after being told about the task

So on my way back up to make the tea and coffees, I grab Guy, as we have a planned meeting with Sharath.

So we are making the drinks, when the Zoo phone rings and its Adam (Who is now on reception) turns out the meeting is for next week, so we have made it for nothing. Luckily Jenny (Who needs the research done) is making tea so I let her use the water/milk etc we had prepared. It also gives me a chance to talk to her about the research task,

She tells me she needs research of 80's films and famous film songs. Over the Christmas period they are having hours dedicated to each digital Absolute station. Meaning they will have different hours dedicated to 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's. Jenny also explains her job, and once again, she tells me she loves her job. As everyone does At Absolute. She works in music. Awesome

So its time to me Sharath. Turns out, Absolute is owned by Times of India, who are owned by a company called The Times group, who themselves are owned by Bennet, Coleman & co ltd.

Confusing right?

See I hadn't really thought about who owned Absolute. But Sharath is the representative of Times of India. His talk is the most interesting out of all the talks I've had so far. All the others were awesome, but this one was extremely indepth. He explains how the company began, how they promote & advertise, and all details about their background.

A lovely man, and a meeting that took me by surprise. Not that I didn't think it would be good, but just how in depth and interesting it all was.

So once the meeting is done we go back to our desks on floor 1. Guy has editing to do for Joe, whereas I am about to begin the research for Jenny. The meeting with Sharath lasted longer than we thought, so we only have an hour left. Guy can stay later, where as I have to go at half 5, as I need to get back to my uncles then drive home.

So there are 12 films and songs I need to get research for, and I managed 5 whilst at Absolute. I run out of time, and tell Jenny that I will finish it over the weekend.

Due to lack of time I didn't manage to finish it till Sunday night, but I did it :D and it was interesting researching films from the 80's, like Labyrinth, which has David Bowie as a Goblin king... Weird

It was also the last day Eloise was at Absolute before Christmas.

So I would like to say a Big Thank you to Kerry and Eloise for all their support and advice over the past three weeks. They are both awesome people, who both have a passion for radio. Have an Awesome Christmas and New Year :D

Anyway that was my day

So now onto Week Four!

You stay Classy Internet!

Colin

No comments:

Post a Comment