Wednesday 14 December 2011

Day Twelve - Underdog

Hello Fluff Bloggers
                                  So this blog is a day late. Apologies. The reason why will be explained later in this entry. So, after my epic monday, could tuesday be even better?

Well today started as it normally does. Post and checking the fridges. If you recall, the storeroom and fridges had no Coke or Diet coke. But today.... ALL CHANGE

A delivery had been made, and its safe to say there were a fair few cases of drinks, as this picture explains:

So it was mine and Guys job (You can see him in that pic) to fill up all the fridges and then put the rest into the storeroom in the basement. It took a few journeys as you can imagine...

To be fair, knowing everyone at Absolute, all that diet coke will have been drunk by now...

Silly people.

Along with the drinks, there were deliveries of Paper, stationary and other goodies. So we take them up, paper to the printers and stationary to the stationary cupboard...

HOPEFULLY YOUR NOT BORED YET

So that task is done, but the problem is there is normally only one computer free on the first floor. Today it is being used and the breakfast team are still in.

Meaning no computers for us workys. Which is not good, as we have paper work to do, and Kerry needs me to edit a sound clip down for her. Not good. Here is  a picture of people at Absolute on the computers:



But, its not all doom and gloom, as we have a meeting with Woody on the fourth floor. He works on Rock and Roll football...Awesome right? :D

We go up to see him, all happy and free spirited... and hes busy...  so asks if he can do the meeting tomorrow instead. So we head back down stairs, cressfallen =[.

However, there is a band playing a session today. My first time seeing a band play a session. The Drums.... (No idea who they are) By the sounds of their name, I thought they would be english for some reason. But no, they are American. Weird. But before they arrived we had to clear the zoo of chairs, tables and xmas tree (Still no lights for it)

So we do that, I clear some more stuff from the "Kitchen area" counter and its good to go. Still no computers though, So I decide to have my lunch break early, it the hope that there will be a computer free when I get back.

It was probably the most epic lunch break ever. I found a Pizza Hut express... which serve CHIPS?!?! awesome. I died and went to heaven,

I got the meal deal, Pizza, chips and garlic bread (With cheese) with a drink all for £5,29. I had never felt so aliveeeeee


Best place everrr. So after my feast I head back to Absolute. There is a computer free, which is good. The Drums are playing in the Zoo, though as I don't no anything about them I decide to give it a miss. It was annoying though as it meant we couldn't make teas and coffe for a meeting until 30 minutes after it started...

First Rule of being at Absolute: Never Give Clive Tea/Coffee/biscuits late "_"

So I get on with doing the Press cuts

Yes, for the first time, I got to do press cuts... An amazing experience!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes a long time to do, though looking at it you would think it was a quick job. But once I finished, I get onto doing the editing for Kerry. That also is slow, as I have to cut out 20 clips from one big clip, then upload them to Soundcloud...

HERES THE PROBLEM

Soundcloud aint working... I log in, and go to the upload page, but the button that says Upload has a little X on it and won't work... So I have to E-mail them to kerry D=

Next its the post, which is the same ol... A lot of people using it to send Christmas Cards... Cheeky!

Then I have some free time, 30 minutes before the end of the day. So I get to work editing the Football Commentry for Brian. Its slow work, as the game I'm listening to is Liverpool Vs Norwich, and its quite a dull affair, there are pratically no exciting clips to get... So I only manage one clip in about 20 minutes... Literally that game was dull. Remember we were told that it was something to do when we had free time, so I hadn't had many chances to get clips over the past few days.

And that was the end of the Absolute day, quite quiet compared to most days, but still a lot to do in the way of paper worky stuff.

BUT THATS NOT THE END OF THE DAY. Hard Rock Cafe in London are celebrating 40 years, so they have teamed up with absolute, and one of my favourite bands You Me At Six are playing the venue. Me and Guy get on the guest list (As Marc is God when it comes to music) So I make my way there after Absolute.

What I didn't realise is that Everything was free!!!! Food, Alcohol and the ticket... Good times people.

One problem... Cider wasn't free... £4.20 for a bottle. Lol Jog on.

I was on the cocktails and JD and coke. So it was good. You me at six were awesome too. But due to trains being cancelled, I didnt get home until about midnight, which meant no blog D= But Day Thirteen will be good!

It seems I found a good time to be at Absolute :D

You stay classy Internet

Colin





A few pictures of You Me At Six


No comments:

Post a Comment